ARE with the kind support of the African-EU Renewable Energy Cooperation Programme (RECP) has the pleasure to invite you to the workshop “Talking business: Microfinance for decentralised renewables in Africa” on 9 October 2017 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The workshop targets renewable energy companies & project developers, microfinance players (including investors, MFIs, researchers, banks, networks, governments, insurers, etc.) as well as the public sector interested in decentralised renewables in Africa.
The programme will feature presentations & discussions on:
- Services and activities offered by RECP and ARE for investors/financiers and project developers interested in venturing into Africa’s renewable energy markets
- The business case for microfinanciers: Why and how microfinance players should invest in decentralised renewables in Africa
- Panel discussion on the experiences of microfinance players and decentralised RE companies
- Pitches from decentralised RE and microfinance players to present their products and explain what type of projects/partners they are looking for
The workshop is organised in conjunction with the African Microfinance Week (SAM), taking place on 9-13 October in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The SAM taking place on 9-13 October 2017 is organised by the African networks African Microfinance Transparency (AMT), Microfinance African Institutions Network (MAIN) and African Rural & Agricultural Credit Association (AFRACA) and brings together the entire microfinance industry (investors, MFIs, researchers, banks, networks, governments). This is a great chance to network and also a unique opportunity to participate in two days of conference, three days of trainings and workshops, plus the Innovation Fair and the Investor’s Fair.
Special deal for ARE followers using the code ARECODESAM2017: you can get a 10% discount on the SAM entrance and on a stand for the Fairs.
- For registration to the event, please click here.
- For registration to the side event “Talking business: Microfinance for decentralised renewables in Africa”, please click here.
- Additional logistical information can be found here.
Important note: To participate, kindly register for both the African Microfinance Week (SAM), as well as the side event “Talking business: Microfinance for decentralised renewables in Africa”.
For more information, kindly contact:
Policy & Business Development Manager
Alliance for Rural Electrification